The Road Trip is Over! Finally, after four months on the road we have returned to Darwin where we will soon be back on the water. In a very rudimentary and non-detailed sense, we have essentially driven a half-loop around Australia, down the middle and back up to the east, but we are now looking forward to continuing the journey to the west by sea. Over the last four months we have:
- driven approximately 19,000 kilometres,
- stayed at 33 towns, roadhouses, or friend’s back-yards,
- visited several National Trust properties, and numerous museums and visitors centres,
- driven through or sampled several wine regions,
- climbed mountains, traversed valleys and visited underground cave systems and mines, and
- enjoyed the company of some very friendly and supportive fellow travellers.
We have also managed to catch up with a few friends we haven’t seen for many years.
Our trusty 2002 Pajero (Kinquaid) and the caravan it towed is now for sale. April’s newsletter is a biggish file at 7.9MEG (largely due to a few extra photos). Enjoy Aboard Sengo April 2017.